Welcome to Davenport
It’s a county seat located along the Mississippi River in Iowa. Davenport was established by Antonie Le Claire in 1836. The total area of the city is 65.80 square miles. The city often faces disaster of flooding due to its location near the Mississippi River. The climate of Davenport is humid continental; summers are hot and humid while winters are cold and windy.
Places to visit:
- Figgie Art museum: amazing Museum established in 1920 as the Davenport Municipal but the art gallery reopened and renamed as davenport Museum of Art. It is also considered as the first municipal art gallery.
- Vander veer Botanical Park: It is considered as the first Botanical Park in the West of Mississippi. this was created in 1885 and registered as US national register of historic places on April 1985.
- West lake park: it’s a beautiful Park where you can enjoy fishery, swimming, camping and boating.
- Putnam museum: it’s a history and natural science museum located in Davenport and was established in 1857. It is believed to be one of the first Museum located on the west of the Mississippi River.
- Quad city Botanical center: it's a set of beautiful gardens established on June 20,1998.
- Credit island: it’s an Island operated by Davenport parks and Recreation department.
Where to stay:
- Radisson quad city place: rooms are great, offer free airport shuttle and Wi-Fi. There is one indoor hotel and one gym.
- Staybridge suites Davenport: hotel provide free Wi-Fi and parking area. Rooms and services are also good.
- Best western plus steeplegate inn: rooms are clean and tidy, free breakfast and Wi-Fi is provided.
- The current lowa, Autograph collection: staff is great, rooms are also good. They provide free parking area.